What is a Water Operator?
A water operator, also called a water treatment operator, is a professional responsible for the care and maintenance of a water treatment plant. They play the crucial role of ensuring the delivery of clean and safe drinking water to the community.
Water Treatment Operator Tasks Include:
- Operation and monitoring of equipment and processes used in treating raw water to remove impurities, contaminants, and pathogens.
- Conducting regular testing to ensure that water meets regulatory standards and is safe for consumption. This includes monitoring levels such as pH, turbidity, chlorine levels, and more.
- Performing regular maintenance and repairs on water treatment and distribution equipment to ensure its proper functioning.
- Responding to emergencies such as water main breaks, contamination incidents, or equipment failures to minimize disruptions and ensure the safety of the water supply.
- Maintaining accurate data-keeping of water quality, maintenance activities, and other relevant information for reporting and regulatory purposes.
Education and Certifications for Water Operators
Education and Certification requirements for water operators will vary by state but most requirements fall under the following categories:
Entry level Water Operator
- Typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Involves on-the-job training and basic knowledge of water treatment and distribution processes.
- Entry-level operators often work under the supervision of more experienced operators.
Higher Level Water Operators
- Obtaining higher levels of Water Operator certification is possible through continued education, examinations and on the job experience.
- Certification requirements vary by location and are dictated at the state/local level as well as environmental agencies.
Water Operator Careers with ClearWater Solutions
At ClearWater Solutions we believe in “Quality Water. Vibrant Communities” Join us in our commitment to providing the best water treatment services to communities across the nation.
Review CWS’s current water operator job listings or Create an Account to be considered for future water operator job opportunities.
Why Work for ClearWater Solutions?
Clearwater Solutions is a growing Operations and Maintenance company with locations across the Midwest and Southeastern United States. When you decide to join our team, you are getting more than a job, you are getting the opportunity to become a part of something truly special and beneficial to your community! We have an excellent 401K match, competitive health, dental, and vision insurance, an office with a view (outside environment), job stability, and the opportunity to promote and grow within the industry! We also offer competitive wages based on experience within the industry.